Hollywood Palace 6-05 Don Adams (host), Janis Joplin, Barbara Eden, Arte Johnson
Originally aired Oct 26, 1968. This program features:
– Janis Joplin with Big Brother & the Holding Company: “Summertime” & “I Need A Man to Love”
– Barbara Eden: “Big, Beautiful Ball” (production number with dancers)
– Arte Johnson (comedian, in character as Rozmenko, a Russian entertainer) sings “Mame” in faux Russian.
– The Brothers Castro (singers from Mexico): “Michelle” & “Por Usted”
– The Dovyeko Company (acrobats from the Moscow State Circus): acrobats walking on stilts.
– Don Adams plays a lawyer known as “The Big Mouthpiece” in a comedy monologue.
– Reporter Arte Johnson interviews coach Leon Football (Don Adams)